When The Ranch Resort in Toledo City Cebu opened, the door to local tourism in the said place opened widely too. This new addition to the common spots in Toledo City added visitors and drew attention to the local travelers like me.
The Ranch Resort (formerly The Gaite Ranch Resort) is located in Laguna Road Brgy. Bato, Toledo City Philippines. It's a very short travel via multicab or tricycle from Toledo City proper, particularly near the church of St. John of Sahagun . It's not hard to locate the resort since almost everyone in the place knows how to get there.
Toledo City is special to me, I lived there for a few years and I even studied 1st year High School in Lutopan Toledo City. It is part of my childhood memory the simple life and how we spend our vacation or special days in the unflattering beaches in Toledo. Yes, it was unflattering because unlike the famous beaches in Bantayan, Badian or Boracay, beaches in Toledo may not have powdery white sand beaches but it sure is special to me, I grew up in that kind of environment and that was how I started to enjoy spending time in the beach. Kudos to the people of Toledo for the huge improvements, from the cleaner seaside view of the port to the new establishments and better resort options for the growing number of travelers.
|The lighthouse - a famous landmark in Toledo City, Cebu|
|Toledo City's clean port|
The Ranch Resort gained its popularity because of the nice presentation they offer to the people of Toledo as well as visitors from far cities. They have 5 pools both for children and adults, a souvenir shop where you can buy fresh produce and other stuff, 4 restaurants, room accommodations ranging from Php1,800 up, a botanical garden, an aviary, an open air concert ground, a horse ranch where you can ride a horse for Php100, an activity area (with zip line, trampoline, and wooden bridge), a bee farm, and a spacious parking space.
|Suspension bridge for team buildings|
Customer service was excellent! though it was on a peak season when we visited, the crews were still attentive in making sure we were taken care of. The place was huge and there were just a lot of things you can do, a good substitute to the common places we always go during holidays. I like the classy ambiance they have because they are sticking to their 'ranch' theme. They did an excellent job in bringing Toledo City Cebu back to the map and I don't doubt they can maintain the superb service and the tidiness of the place.
How to get there:
- Going to Toledo City Cebu in 3 ways: either via Bus (no air conditioned bus available bound to Toledo) in Cebu Bus Terminal or v-hire in CityLink Terminal, or if you have a private vehicle. Travel time is 1.5 hours.
- When you reach Toledo City, you can either ride a tricycle or a multicab to Brgy. Bato. Travel time is 15 mins.
- The Ranch Resort day use - Php100
- Room rates: Php1,800 up
- Travel fare Cebu to Toledo: Php60 via bus and Php100 via v-hire
- Tricycle or multicab fare from Toledo City to Brgy. Bato: Php15
- NOTE: prices may change without prior notice.
Other important information:
- Pools are child friendly, the first one you see when you enter the pool area will be the deepest (5 feet) with a shallow area of 2 feet. The rest of the pools are either 1, 2, or 4 feet deep.
- You cannot bring in food since they have a restaurants that offer an array of food (or snacks and beverages) with reasonable prices, you might want to eat ahead in local fast food from Toledo City first before heading your way to The Ranch Resort.
- Towels are not provided but you can bring your own.
- You can contact them through Tel. No. (032) 318 9599 or Email: email@example.com.