|hermit crab in Tabogon, Cebu. There are actually plenty of these there.|
|weird fish that jumps around|
What I like about joining team buildings are the bonding moments, especially if family and friends are also invited. Getting away from the usual activities in the office provides a relief and a way to detach ourselves from too much thinking and all the stress. Working is an essential part of everyone's life but it should not hinder us to enjoy life as much as possible while keeping up with all the demands at work.
One of the places I can recommend for a quality bonding time with friends, family and even office-mates is the Bunzie's Cove in Tabogon, Northern part of Cebu. With a 1.5 hectares of space, you sure can bring everyone along with you to enjoy and spend quality time together. This resort is located on a cliff, with a semi-private isolated cove, a kiddie and an infinity pool overlooking the ocean.
|kitchen in the main villa|
|living room in the main villa|
|guestroom in the main villa|
|master's bedroom in the main villa|
My favorite part in Bunzie's Cove resort is the inlet (cove) where you can enjoy a mini trekking adventure going down to the beach itself. Though it doesn't have a white powdery beach, the pebbles provided very clear water with lots of sea creatures vigorously thriving around.
Room Rates/Accommodation: (as of Apr. 2013)
- Day use - 150php/person includes using the pools, going to the cove, comfort rooms, and the kitchen area. From 7am to 6pm and no corkage fee.
- Room rates are from 1,650php to 8,000php for 2 to 8 occupants.
- Available accommodations are: Lover's Villa (2 occupants), Guest house (2 occupants), Villa (6 occupants), Apartment (4 occupants), and Terrace Lookout (8 occupants). Additional occupants can be allowed depending on the type of room, with additional charge of 200php/person.
- Checkin at 2pm, Checkout 12nn the following day.
- Gas usage also has a payment, pay it along with the room and extra person charge.
How to get there? (as of Apr. 2013)
- From the North Bus terminal, look for a bus heading to Tabogon, Cebu.
- Travel time will be 2 hours (more/less) with a 85php fare.
- Tell the bus conductor or the driver that your destination is in Bunzie's Cove.
- In going there, look for a bigger bus instead of the mini bus. With a 2-hour travel from Cebu, I'm pretty sure you want a comfortable ride unless you have your own wheels to bring you there.
- Ask the attendant ahead if there will be occupants before you, to avoid waiting for them to check-out.
- Rent the Terrace Lookout if you want closer to the pool.
- Bring mosquito nets or insect repellent.
- Ask for the caretaker's cellphone number since they don't usually stay within the premise.
- Bring your own meat to cook, the market is not that close-by.
- You don't need to bring utensils or cooking equipment since they can provide those for you.
|out of ingenuity, people makes their own anchor out of sticks and rocks.|
How to contact them? (as of Apr. 2013)